6 days/ 5 nights
Transfer from Sofia airport, another airport or from a particular place where we will welcome you. Depending on the time of your arrival – panoramic sightseeing tour of the capital. Departure to the place of accommodation through the picturesque Iskar Gorge. Accommodation at the hotel. Dinner. Night accommodation.
Breakfast. Start by walking along Vazov’s trail dotted with sights and places for recreation in the countryside. The march will be accompanied by a professional guide. Skaklya Waterfalls, one of the most beautiful and highest waterfalls in Bulgaria (85 m), are located in the middle of the eco-trail. We will wait for you at the end of your tour after which we will head to the starting point of rafting / kayaking activities (depending on the season and the water level). There you will be welcomed by a team of professionals who will hold a briefing and will equip you prior to the start of your adventure along the Iskar River. We will stop for lunch /picnic/ in the countryside along the way of the rafting tour to enjoy fully the grandeur of the mountain. After the completion of the activities we will offer you the opportunity for diving into a natural rock pool or time for relaxation in the countryside. We will return to the hotel early in the evening. Dinner. Night accommodation.
- Heading to the monument of the Septemvriitsi at the village of Milanovo. A visit to Razhishka cave, long about 300 meters will follow up. We offer rappelling along Alpine ropes in the cave for the fans of extreme experiences.
- Rafting along the Iskar River with a visit to Cherepish Monastery – a Bulgarian Orthodox Monastery situated at the foot of majestic cliffs with hundreds of caves carved into them. It is believed that the present name of the temple came from dead soldiers’ whitish bones which were left after an epic battle of the Bulgarian Tsar Ivan Shishman in 1396.
We will return to the hotel early in the evening. Dinner. Night accommodation.
Breakfast. Check out from the hotel.
- Departure to the town of Lukovit (optional transition can be made by bike). Visit to Prohodna Cave. Full-day program with climbing and rappelling along Alpine ropes.
- A full-day rafting program near Prohodna Cave.
Early in the evening accommodation at the hotel in the town of Lukovit. Dinner. Night accommodation.
Breakfast. Opportunity for additional activities, including a full-day program with rafting / kayaking descent, or a program with climbing rappels within the area of Prohodna Cave. Dinner. Night accommodation.
Breakfast. Heading to the end point of your journey – airport, hotel.
- The activities are carried out through: continuous support by a van / bus, licensed instructor, full equipment and insurance.
- The routes are suitable for people without any previous climbing experience.
- If you have not tried rafting up to now, the descent by boat in Iskar Gorge is a good opportunity for you to feel the pleasure and safety of the emotion of this adventure.
- The most suitable season for rafting is the spring and the early summer, when the river is deep and fast. In the hot summer days when the river is not wild, the whole route of rafting may be passed by tourists and by inflatable kayaks.
- In September and October the adventure on the river is also nice because the surrounding mountain ridges are bathed in golden autumn colors.
- Rafting on the Iskar River includes training and practical exercises in swimming and boating in water with a stream. In certain parts of the route, anyone of the crew may take the place of the captain.
- River rapids are suitable for everyone. The program combines adrenaline moments with a relaxing trip and is a good test for those who wish in the future to engage in more complex rafting adventures by descent along the Struma River in the region of Kresna or kayaking descent in Iskar Gorge.
- The individual equipment we offer to the participants includes: a neoprene wetsuit, neoprene boots, a life jacket and a helmet. The personal clothing and belongings that each participant should carry with himself are bathing suits and a towel.
- Optional adventure activities such as climbing, descending on Alpine ropes, entering a cave or mountain cycling may happen in Lakatnishki Rocks Park where the finale of the rafting is.